BAP Acoustics logo
Close this search box.

Building Acoustic Design

Sound Insulation (STC) Control

The National Building Code, BC Building Code and the Vancouver Building Bylaw require minimum standards of sound insulation between dwellings. For commercial, civic and institutional buildings, speech privacy between offices, classrooms and patient rooms, for example, can be important. Sound insulation performance standards are often included in Provincial and Federal Government Building standards, in university building contracts and in P3 Statement of Requirements. We can guide clients during the selection and design of appropriate partition assemblies and flanking constructions to achieve the required goals.

Our Related Projects

Other Building Acoustic Design

Do you have any questions?

Ask Us!

We are happy to assist you.